Talking to clients recently I have noticed that those who are calm and confident in the midst of this pandemic are the ones who have made smart choices all their lives. These are the people who I am so honoured to serve.
They have looked for ways to expand their income by putting in the overtime, expanding their businesses strategically and have made smart investments over the years. They’ve made an art of delayed gratification and while they enjoy the good things in life and value quality, they spend wisely.
Here are 10 habits they all have in common:
- Home cooking is the norm and eating out is a treat.
- Toys like motorcycles, boats are purchased intentionally, not on a whim.
- Home renovations are done as an investment not just to impress.
- Revel in a good deal and know the best time to shop for things.
- Environmentally friendly before it was cool opting to fix, recycle and donate.
- Ignore keeping up with the Joneses in favour of their own financial priorities.
- Say no to the latest, greatest tech thingy to pay for their kid’s education instead.
- Postpone the deluxe cruise and opt for long weekends away to pay their mortgage off faster.
- Have made short-term sacrifices for long-term gains.
- Instead of staying with a financial advisor, they engaged a portfolio manager to ensure their specific risk tolerance is managed during times like these so they don’t worry.
Which of these habits will you emulate today to increase your calm and confidence?