Why do I need a financial advisor? Here’s 7 things your planner can help you do:
- Create a plan to achieve realistic goals and set clear steps to achieve them
- Save for your children’s education
- Plan and save for the retirement you want
- Select the right mix of investments
- Choose the type of insurance you need and adjust as your needs change
- Build an estate to leave to your family or charity
- Save and invest in ways that reduce your taxes
For expert help, contact Vanessa Benedict
Business we like:
Job Search Tip December 19 2016: A Job Search Requires Determination
If you find yourself suddenly sitting at home on a work day wondering what happened yesterday when your boss unceremoniously told you that the company layoffs finally caught up with you, take a deep breath.
That doesn’t mean relax. Too many people make the mistake of thinking “I’ll just relax , maybe go away and use a little of that severance pay on me. I deserve it. Huge mistake. For the first few days that you are home, life will seem strange. There will be sights and sounds that you are not accustomed to and you don’t need to get comfortable in that setting. You don’t belong in your chair watching television while you hear the sounds of dogs barking, a refrigerator running, and garbage trucks making pickups. In a couple of weeks you won’t feel out of place anymore and with that comfort comes complacency.
The very next day after job separation you need to be updating your resume and beginning your online job search. No golf, no tennis, no shopping, no drowning your sorrows. You can relax AFTER you have found your next job. There is a comfortable, relaxing sweet spot after you have told a new employer that you can start in two weeks.