Women loose more sleep over financial worries than men. Fact.
According to the Financial Planning Standards Council (www.fpsc.ca), there are key strategies women can use to find the right support:
- Be prepared and get familiar with financial planning terms and strategies. Ask questions until you’re satisfied.
- Know your financial and personal goals: What’s important to you?
- Understand fee structures and ask how you will pay for services and choose whatever model works best for you.
- Demand competence and ethics: Not all designations in the financial services sector are made equal. The Certified Financial Planner certification represents the gold standard in financial planning, with strict education, experience, competence and an annual commitment to ethics requirements.
- Do your due diligence: Verify a planner’s credentials by contacting their professional body to confirm good standing.
- Know what you are getting: Insist that your planner defines the services they will be providing to you, including any potential conflicts of interest, and that you agree to them.
- Regularly reassess the relationship: Frequent communication is key to a successful relationship with your planner.
- Make sure your planner understands your needs as they change over time, and have your plan updated accordingly.
For expert help, contact Vanessa Benedict
Businesses we like:
Ken Sproul – Toronto Singer Song Writer
Toronto singer-songwriter. Become a fan.
He graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Medicine in 1922. In 1923, he was appointed a medical missionary to Henan, China and served until 1948. He was the only medical missionary in India and China who was able to provide radium treatment for cancer. He was also on the staff of the Church Missionary Society Hospital at Gaza, Palestine